Tips for a weed free shoreline
Follow these steps and enjoy a weed free shoreline this summer!
- Create a buffer strip of natural vegetation between you and the lake.
- Lawn meeting water is an invitation to Geese and other waterfowl.
- Lawn meeting lake will encourage erosion. Erosion has phosphates bound to soil particles. This soil stimulates weed growth.
- Make sure the septic system is working right.
- Use phosphate free soaps and detergents.
- When doing construction, take measures to limit erosion of sediment into the water.
- Try not to disturb the lake bottom. Turning bottom is like a farmer tilling a field.
- Cutting of weeds will encourage their return thicker than before and cut weeds can and will vegetatively reproduce if they float away.
- Post signs at all boat launches warning boaters to clean trailers and empty bilge tanks and reservoirs on boats and watercraft.
Subscribe to our e-newsletter
Don't miss our updates (1-2 Per Year).
Get A Quote
Follow Us On Social Media
See what’s happening now.